Your Nature Prescription: Amazon Workshop
with Connie Grauds and Judy Kitt
WHAT: AMAZON WORKSHOP
WHERE: IQUITOS, PERU
WHEN: April 29th - May 7th, 2023
COST: $2595/double occupancy (+$200/single), excludes air fare
INFO SESSION: January 8th, 9 a.m. PST via Zoom
$780 non-refundable deposit due by February 15th, 2023
$1815 balance due March 24th
AMAZON EXPEDITION April 29th-May 7th 2023
April 29th-Saturday...LV home USA (all flights connect through Lima...then onto Iquitos)
April 30th-Sunday…Arrive Iquitos, Peru Airport. Late afternoon walking tour of Iquitos (with local guides). Overnight at Victoria Regia Hotel in Iquitos, Peru.
May 1-5thth Mon-Fri…Boat trip to the Amazon Heliconia Lodge for 4 nights/5 days. Stop at Monkey Island. At Heliconia: daily local guides give deep jungle treks, incredible river excursions, indigenous blessings.
May 5th-Friday…Morning Amazon excursion. Return to Iquitos in afternoon, walking tour of Iquitos (with local guides) overnight at Victoria Regia Hotel in Iquitos.
May 6th-Saturday…Flights out from Iquitos to USA
May 7th-Sunday...ARR home USA
The focus of this Amazon Workshop is to experience and understand:
- The interrelatedness of the rainforest flora and fauna, the health of earth that supports them and the connections to the health of humans.
- Introductory knowledge on the use of rainforest medicinal plants by local Peruvian peoples, the science known about the plants’ active properties, and the ubiquitous spirit that is behind all that heals. This content will be introduced by the workshop facilitators and local indigenous guides.
- The opportunity to re-spirit ourselves in the deep understanding of the importance of ecological medicine by connecting with local jungle healers and learning how their intimate relationship with the healing spirits of nature and their knowledge of the medicinal plants positively impact body, mind and spiritual health.
Experiential learning to include:
- Limpia welcoming indigenous ritual upon arrival to the Jungle lodge.
- Forest bathing in the form of jungle medicinal plant walks under the guidance of local guides.
- Daily excursions on the mighty Amazon River and breathtaking jungle hikes to view local flora and fauna.
- Rainforest village visit to immerse in local culture and support local artisans and rural communities.
- Daily Self Care opportunities to renew, reflect and restore personal health and well-being.
- Closing indigenous Copal gratitude ritual, under the guidance of course leaders and indigenous guide.
This Amazonian educational experience, has previously been facilitated by Connie Grauds as Travel Study through:
- Winona State University
- University of Minnesota, Center for Spirituality and Healing
- Ohio Northern College of Pharmacy
- Wolters Kluwer Evidence-Based CAM Research Group
- American Holistic Nurses Association