Your Nature Prescription: Amazon Workshop
with Connie Grauds and Judy Kitt
The spring journey to the heart of the Amazon has been rescheduled to the fall
NEW NOTICE: NO COVID VAX IS REQUIRED FOR OCTOBER GROUP
WHAT: AMAZON WORKSHOP
WHERE: IQUITOS, PERU
WHEN: October 14th - 22nd, 2023
COST: $2595/double occupancy (+$200/single), excludes air fare
INFO SESSION: NEW DATE: Wednesday, May 31st, 5 p.m. PDT via Zoom
$780 Amazon Workshop non-refundable deposit
$1815 Amazon Workshop balance
Oct 14th-Saturday...LV home USA (all flights connect through Lima...then onto Iquitos)
Oct 15th-Sunday…Arrive Iquitos, Peru Airport. Late afternoon walking tour of Iquitos (with local guides). Overnight at Victoria Regia Hotel in Iquitos, Peru.
Oct 16-20 Mon-Fri…Boat trip to the Amazon Heliconia Lodge for 4 nights/5 days. Stop at Monkey Island. At Heliconia: daily local guides give deep jungle treks, incredible river excursions, indigenous blessings.
Oct 20th-Friday…Morning Amazon excursion. Return to Iquitos in afternoon, walking tour of Iquitos (with local guides) overnight at Victoria Regia Hotel in Iquitos.
Oct 21st-Saturday…Flights out from Iquitos to USA
Oct 22nd-Sunday...ARR home USA
Learn about upcoming expedition to the Amazon...the greatest expression of life on Earth!
The focus of this Amazon Workshop is to experience and understand:
- The interrelatedness of the rainforest flora and fauna, the health of earth that supports them and the connections to the health of humans.
- Introductory knowledge on the use of rainforest medicinal plants by local Peruvian peoples, the science known about the plants’ active properties, and the ubiquitous spirit that is behind all that heals. This content will be introduced by the workshop facilitators and local indigenous guides.
- The opportunity to re-spirit ourselves in the deep understanding of the importance of ecological medicine by connecting with local jungle healers and learning how their intimate relationship with the healing spirits of nature and their knowledge of the medicinal plants positively impact body, mind and spiritual health.
Experiential learning to include:
- Limpia welcoming indigenous ritual upon arrival to the Jungle lodge.
- Forest bathing in the form of jungle medicinal plant walks under the guidance of local guides.
- Daily excursions on the mighty Amazon River and breathtaking jungle hikes to view local flora and fauna.
- Rainforest village visit to immerse in local culture and support local artisans and rural communities.
- Daily Self Care opportunities to renew, reflect and restore personal health and well-being.
- Closing indigenous Copal gratitude ritual, under the guidance of course leaders and indigenous guide.
This Amazonian educational experience, has previously been facilitated by Connie Grauds as Travel Study through:
- Winona State University
- University of Minnesota, Center for Spirituality and Healing
- Ohio Northern College of Pharmacy
- Wolters Kluwer Evidence-Based CAM Research Group
- American Holistic Nurses Association