April, 2009 Newsletter
At our April 24th Meeting, Greg Becker will speak on
INSIDE THE REVOLUTION IN ALTERNATIVE HEALING:
New insight into our bodies, minds and health
Returning from a sold out Premier in London, our April speaker will be Greg Becker who will present and discuss his full-length film, The Living Matrix - The Science of Healing (http://thelivingmatrixmovie.com). The film gives an up-close look at the science of information as medicine. Leading researchers and health practitioners share their discoveries on the "miracle cures" traditional medicine can't explain. Modern biochemical medicine has no framework for explaining these events, often dismissing them as spontaneous remissions or the result of some kind of placebo effect. But what if we had the scientific basis to not only explain the phenomenon, but the means to deliberately initiate these “miracle cures” in ourselves?
Leaders in science are examining the body through the lens of quantum physics. They’ve discovered that we're far more than biochemical machines. Instead, our cells are senders and receivers of information, controlling our health in ways we never imagined. How can we account for these cases, and many others like them? The Living Matrix film is the first to bring together academic and independent researchers, practitioners, and science journalists to respond to these questions, including:
The website for the movie is www.thelivingmatrixmovie.com.
• Dr. Eric Pearl, Internationally known healer, teacher and author of the bestselling book, "The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself".
• Bruce Lipton, PhD, Cell biologist, professor at University of Wisconsin Medical School, Stanford University researcher, and author.
• Marilyn Mandala Schlitz, PhD, President of IONS, scientist, anthropologist, author and researcher at Research Institute of California Pacific Medical Ctr.
• Rollin McCraty, PhD, Director of Research at Institute of HeartMath, author, speaker and adjunct professor at Claremont Graduate University.
• Lynne McTaggart, Science journalist, award-winning author, founded "Living the Field," produces "What Doctors Don't Tell You" newsletter.
• Edgar Mitchell, PhD, Scientist, Apollo 14 astronaut, naval officer, lecturer, author, founder of IONS, cofounder Association of Space Explorers.
• James L. Oschman, PhD, cell biologist, researcher, lecturer, widely published in scientific journals, author of energy medicine books.
• Dean Radin, PhD, Author of "The Conscious Universe," senior researcher at IONS, international speaker and cofounder of the Boundary Institute.
1040 Border Road, Los Altos, CA
SPEAKER: Greg Becker; director, producer and filmmaker.
Students with ID, a $5 donation is asked
From Hwy 101:
1. Take the San Antonio Road exit into Mtn. View.
2. Continue on San Antonio Road past Camino Real to Foothill Expressway (approximately
3. Turn left on Foothill Expressway.
4. Turn right at the first corner onto El Monte Road.
5. Turn left at the first stop light onto University Ave until it ends and you must turn right onto Anita Ave., then follow the University Avenue/Anita Ave. instructions below.
From Hwy 280:
1. Take the El Monte/Moody Road exit in Los Altos.
2. Turn on El Monte toward SF Bay.
3. Turn right at the stop light onto University Ave until it ends and you must turn right onto Anita Ave., and then follow the University Avenue/Anita instructions below.
From University Avenue/Anita Avenue:
1. Turn right on Anita Ave, take an immediate left onto Border Road for 1-1/2 blocks.
2. Pass the junction with Border Hill Dr., then turn right at the first large driveway and go up the road on the LEFT SIDE to the top church parking lot. (Sign will say Church Office).
3. Park in the large lot at the TOP of the slope.
4. FMBR meets in the bldg. on the left, opposite the main door to the church sanctuary.
The Energy and Information System of the Body.
By Tiffany Schneider, PhD
Our April speaker is Greg Becker who will present his film The Living Matrix. This film offers the scientific basis for information as medicine while telling the stories of the people who have benefited from such phenomenon. As a practitioner of the Applied Energy Flow System I have direct experience of the body as an energy and informational system.
Last year a client came to me with a specific problem she wanted solved. She was eight months pregnant and her placenta was sitting right in front of the delivery canal. Her doctor started to prepare her mentally and emotionally for a caesarian section. Judy, a vibrant, athletic woman in her early 30’s politely thanked her and made an immediate appointment with me. She knew from our previous work together that it is possible to alter the energy patterns in the body in a way that changes our thoughts and emotions – in her case elevating a long depression. She wanted to know if the same thing was possible with the physical body – could we change the energy in her body to move the placenta and allow her to have a natural birth? Judy’s doctor said there was a slim chance the placenta would move itself, although she had never seen it happen. Judy wanted to make sure the odds were stacked in her favor.
When we started the work together it was obvious that something was needed other than changing the energy patterns alone. Unlike depression or arthritis, where the body clearly understands that something is amiss and is trying itself to change into a healthier pattern, Judy’s body was completely happy: it saw no reason for change. It needed to receive the information that the current placement of the placenta was going to result in a difficult and damaging consequence.
The description of a healing process is difficult because the medium and mechanism of delivery are as non-linguistic as it is possible to get. The best way I have to describe the experience is that it is akin to a shoal of fish. A shoal swims along in complete synchronicity with each other without sacrificing any independence. Any member of the shoal can move quickly away in any direction without needing to pause, affect or consult any other member. But while they are swimming together they are bouncing information back and forth, consistently reading each other for information and intention. This is what healing in the Applied Energy Flow System feels like. Through this interaction Judy’s body communicates to me what it needs and I am able to feed this back into her energy along with the energy she requires to make the changes. In this way I am always following her lead but able to introduce outside information that her energy can then integrate or reject, leaving her in control.
Judy and I met for two, 30-minute sessions for three weeks. I distinctly remember the penultimate session because it felt like the push-back a gas pump gives you to let you know the car is full. Her energy and her body did the same thing again on the last session and I thought to myself then, ‘Well, it’s either worked or it hasn’t.’ Ultrasound revealed it had worked and amongst a much surprised medical team, Judy was able to have the natural childbirth that she wanted for her and her daughter.
Judy’s body required more than just energy to change, it needed the information to detect and correct a problem that needed to be addressed. Is the information in the energy supplied? Is it separate? Are the information and the energy actually the same thing? Although fascinating, these questions are outside the scope of this editorial. But science is a process of producing better and better models to describe existing phenomenon. The model used in Greg Becker’s Film The Living Matrix starts answering these questions while presenting the data to support it. It shows us a different way of understanding our bodies, our healthcare, the role we can play in it and the direction we are going.
FMBR UPCOMING EVENTS
FUTURE FMBR MEETINGS
May 22 – Leonard Orr, founder of Rebirthing breathwork will speak on spiritual purification.
May 23 - Rebirthing Workshop with Leonard Orr – Create space in your life for joy, love, health, prosperity and functional relationships! 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Cost: $150
April FMBR Workshop
April 25 – Workshop, “Human energetic structures” with Yevgeniy Gorodetskiy. This workshop will explore a different path of spiritual and personal development by working directly with your energetic structures. Unique methods developed at the Institute of Biosensory Psychology, Russia by Vladimir Tonkov, allow a person to build his potential and expand the boundaries of the surrounding world. Cost: $25.
FMBR Board News
FMBR board met on March 21, 2009 and would like to give a warm welcome to two new additions to our Board of Directors, Mary Cummings and Judy Kitt. Both Judy and Mary have been extremely helpful in our FMBR operations and bring new energy and ideas to our organization. We are grateful for your time and your help and hope to see great things from both of you in the future.
*** Important: FMBR is in need of volunteers ***
We need help with the monthly operations, special event production and more. Please let us know your interest and we will find something that is mutually interesting and rewarding.
Smart Life Forum
April 16 - Dave Steenblock, MD
May 21 - Aubrey De Grey, PhD
Connections with Russia:
• Video consultations with Dr. Natalia Shareyko, MD, PhD on healing, relationships, personal issues, success.
• For information call (415) 793-1531
FMBR Home Page: https://fmbr.org
Your comments to FMBR are appreciated
INFORMATION ABOUT THE
FOUNDATION FOR MIND-BEING RESEARCH
The Foundation was established in 1980 to assist in the evolution of consciousness studies and to help bring this new field into wider recognition as a bona fide science. The interdisciplinary nature of the field is reflected in the activities of the organization and in the breadth of interests of its members who currently represent areas of engineering, science, medicine, the humanities, and the arts.
With its major focus on facilitating the development of an integrated model of consciousness, the Foundation provides encouragement and resources to a rather unique group of creative researchers and scientists with the objective of betterment of the individual, the society, and the environment.
Because of the special nature of scientific inquiry in this area, the Foundation is interested in building its regular membership with competent individuals who:
* are open to a multidisciplinary approach to knowledge
* recognize they are an integral part of any experiment
* know and are prepared to extend their own level of consciousness
The intention is to develop high standards of credibility in all research activities and publications.
Donations made to the Foundation are tax deductible.
The Foundation is incorporated under the laws of the State of California and operates as a non-profit scientific research organization under IRS code 509 (a)2 with tax exempt status under section 501 (c)3
Foundation for Mind-Being Research
P.O. Box 449, Los Altos, Ca 94023-0449
Cofounder/CEO Emeritus - - William C. Gough
Chairman of Board - - - - - - - Edie Fischer
President - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Yevgeniy Gorodetskiy
V.P. Commmunications - - - - Kenneth Morley
Director New Business - - - - - Greg Yau
Treasurer - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Austin Marx
Secretary - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tiffany Schneider
Audio-Visual Manager - - - - - Francis Lee
Director At-Large - - - - - - - - - Jerry Gin