January, 2014 Newsletter
Investigating the Paranormal:
A Parapsychological Perspective
Human beings are drawn to a good ghost story. Human beings also are continually reporting situations in which they believe ghosts are playing a part. What are the methods for investigating and some of the possible explanations for these experiences that people have been having for thousands of years?
As a guide to ghost hunting, attendees will gain an understanding of the investigation and field research of ghosts, poltergeists, haunted places and related psychic experiences. The meeting will include discussion of conceptual models of what these things are (from the field of parapsychology), how the scientific and psychic approaches can mesh together, and how situations are assessed, investigated, and hopefully resolved to the satisfaction of the people having the experiences (and hopefully to the satisfaction of the ghosts, when they're involved).
TIME: Friday, 7:30 p.m., January 24, 2014
PLACE: Unity Community Church – Y.E.S. Hall, 3391 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto
(doors open at 7 p.m.)
LOYD AUERBACH, M.S. (Parapsychology), Director of the Office of Paranormal Investigations and President of the Forever Family Foundation, has been in the field for over 30 years focusing on education and field investigation. The author of 8 books, he is a professor at Atlantic University and JFK University, and teaches Parapsychology at HCH Institute in Lafayette, California. He is also on the Board of the Rhine Research Center and the advisory boards of the Windbridge Institute and the Forever Family Foundation. His media appearances on TV, radio and in print number in the thousands, including ESPN's SportsCenter, ABC's The View, Oprah, and Larry King Live. He works as a professional mentalist/psychic entertainer, a public speaking coach, and a professional chocolatier.
Members get in FREE. (Join FMBR now.)
A $15 donation is asked of non-members at the door.
Students with ID, a $5 donation is asked.
JANUARY 25, 2014
Workshop with Loyd Auerbach, MS
EVIDENCE FOR THE AFTERLIFE?
This workshop will cover the search for evidence of Survival of Bodily Death from the earliest psychical researchers to parapsychologists and investigators of today. With an eye towards the evidence garnered -- and the research and investigations methods to gather it -- the class covers topics such as ghosts, mediumship, near death experiences, electronic voice phenomena, out of body experiences, and reincarnation and what this says about whether we live on in some fashion after the deaths of our bodies.
• Are mediums really speaking with spirits?
• Why do ghosts stick around after death?
• Is the evidence enough to be considered objective or is it merely the result of subjective experience and interpretation?
UPCOMING FRIEND EVENTS
January 11: 1:30 pm San Jose Dowsers San Jose:
Dean Price speaking on "Astrology and What is Coming Up"
January 16: 7:00 pm Smart Life Forum, Palo Alto: Garry F. Gordon, MD, DO, MD(H) speaks on
"Rewriting Your Genetic Expression"
South Bay IANDS Saratoga: ( Check their website)
INFORMATION ABOUT THE
THE FOUNDATION FOR MIND-BEING RESEARCH
About a year ago, FMBR and its founder Bill Gough determined that it would be in the best interest of the organization to broaden its mission to encompass more than the knowledge and growth of the concept of mind-being. The broadened mission for FMBR can be stated as follows:
- Our mission is to expand the context of scientific exploration to include our interconnectedness with each other and the universe.
- Our purpose is to lead people to self-empowerment in order to create positive changes for themselves and the planet.
- Our research programs will explore a more encompassing view of the nature of the universe -- one that includes both the physical and non-physical aspects.
- Our educational programs will share this expanded world view with our membership and the community locally via the institute, and worldwide via the internet.
- We create partnerships that foster innovative solutions for the challenges that are facing our world today.
To reflect this broader mission, the organization has adds three key areas of focus:
- Continue with monthly lectures and workshops to maintain and grow a local community of interested individuals.
- Present courses on the learnings from the past 30 years and on the current state of the science of consciousness, providing evidence of our connectedness and the nature of our being
- Create study and working groups to focus on relevant areas of interest
- Presentation of scientific research at the forefront of consciousness/mind-being and environmental sustainability.
- Foster scientific work on leading edge areas and foster collaborative efforts/joint meetings with key principals in the scientific fields of interest.
- Develop high standards of credibility in all research activities and publications.
- We foster the world view that results from the understanding of our connectedness, that we are One world and One people.
- We are and will be stewards for the sustainability of humanity and the planet.
- We believe in the interconnectedness of life -- our individual and collective actions affect others as well as all of nature and the planet.
As part of its mission and inherent belief in the interconnectedness of all creation, FMBR adheres to the following principles:
- Treat others with Dignity and Decency, regardless of race, gender, or physical appearance.
- Do no harm -- to others, to society, to the earth, and to all the inhabitants of the earth including plants and animals.
- Foster fairness and balance in all aspects of life -- for individuals, for society, for nations, and for economies.
Donations made to the Foundation are tax deductible. The Foundation is incorporated under the laws of the State of California and operates as a non-profit scientific research organization under IRS code 509(a)2 with tax exempt status under section 501(c)3. The organization was founded in 1980 and is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA.
Foundation for Mind-Being Research
P.O. Box 449, Los Altos, Ca 94023-0449