November, 2013 Newsletter
The Science and Philosophy of BodyTalk
Imagine the possibility of listening to the body's stories . . . Why won't your foot heal? Why are you allergic to dairy? How can you heal from your anxiety attacks? Laura Stuve, will take you on a journey to the subconscious innate wisdom to empower physical and spiritual transformation with the BodyTalk System. BodyTalk represents a new treatment paradigm based on a quantum understanding of the mind-body as a dynamic, integrated system of energy and consciousness. Laura will share her clinical and research experience using epigenetic and deep molecular strategies to get to the root causes of "dis-ease", discover the "story" behind the symptoms, and reawaken the body's innate healing capability. Laura will demonstrate BodyTalk and teach everyone a simple technique for reducing stress and increasing mental clarity.
TIME: Friday, 7:30 p.m., November 22, 2013
PLACE: Unity Community Church – Y.E.S. Hall, 3391 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto
(doors open at 7 p.m.)
Laura Stuve integrates her training as a PhD molecular geneticist with clinical practice and instruction of BodyTalk, a revolutionary mind-body medicine. She spent 25 years conducting research in human genetics in academia and biotech before shifting her focus to the cutting edge of quantum healthcare. Laura's interests in dreamwork, shamanism and alternative medicine first led her to BodyTalk in 2005. She has just completed the first BodyTalk clinical research study with outstanding results for chronic pain.
Members get in FREE. (Join FMBR now.)
A $15 donation is asked of non-members at the door.
Students with ID, a $5 donation is asked.
The BodyTalk System
The BodyTalk system (www.bodytalksystem.com) was developed by Dr. John Veltheim, an acupuncturist and chiropractor with a broad background in alternative medicine in the early 1990's. Today, it is a taught through a structured curriculum in over 40 countries worldwide. A key distinction of the focus of treatment in the BodyTalk system is a holistic investigation of the numerous mechanisms and etiology of disease. The orientation is to uncover the myriad of different potential causative factors: genetic, epigenetic, toxicity, circulatory, hormonal, neurological, structural, microbial, environment stressors (jobs, relationships, families, money), emotionally traumatic memories, limiting belief systems and energy imbalances in the acupuncture meridians and chakras. The process of highlighting potential causative factors through use of the structured, intuitive BodyTalk protocol is not to form a diagnosis but to uncover the etiology and history of dis-ease and has the impact of activating healing in the patient. One of the beauties of the BodyTalk system is that it easily allows a practitioner to use any modality they currently practice, along with the BodyTalk tools, in a seamless, synergistic fashion.
FMBR Two Day Workshop November 23 & 24
Led by Laura Stuve, PhD
Half theory and half practice, BodyTalk Fundamentals Part 1 is a deep healing experience as well as an introduction to the essentials of practice of BodyTalk. Laura will teach 10 powerful energy balancing techniques for reducing stress, optimizing brain function, balancing communication pathways in the body, release of emotions from past traumas, and a powerful immune system boost. Participants will learn to do complete BodyTalk sessions working with a holistic map of the mind-body (the BodyTalk protocol chart) and the language for dialog with the body's innate healing wisdom. This workshop is part 1 of a three part weekend workshop series that is required for becoming a certified practitioner. Appropriate for healthcare practitioners as well as anyone interested in learning more!
COST to Attend
Paid FMBR members: $180.00.
Non-FMBR members: $200.00
My Experience with BodyTalk
Jerry Gin, PhD
I first met Dr. Laura Stuve when I attended the basic course for BioGeometry which she organized for the advanced training of BodyTalk practitioners. Knowing nothing about BodyTalk, I wondered how it could possibly use BioGeometry. Being a student of healing modalities, when I heard about a course that Laura was teaching on BodyTalk, I knew that I had to learn about it too. I also wondered why a Ph.D. Molecular Geneticist would forsake her career path to become a "healer" using BodyTalk.
At FMBR, we have learned that we are much more than intelligent animals and that our consciousness, co-creativity and intentions play a vital role as to who we really are. As we suffer through our physical and emotional problems, our conscious mind is often not aware of the underlying causes of the problems. Once a person becomes "conscious" of the cause of the problem, the mind can commence the healing process.
Through the BodyTalk protocol, the practitioner and subject are able to make a diagnosis as to the underlying problems, bring them into conscious awareness and, working with the subject, then take the necessary steps for a correction of the problems. If one is already a healer, they can incorporate the healing modalities which they commonly use, and do so with greater accuracy.
The BodyTalk protocol involves our favorite topic at FMBR -- consciousness. The practitioner truly becomes "connected" with the subject in order to do the diagnosis; literally, the Body Talks to the practitioner. I found it very interesting that once the diagnosis is known, a multitude of healing methods can also be used, including use of epigenetics -- i.e., rewiring the messages from our DNA to promote healing. Being a Ph.D. Biochemist who had also specialized in nucleic acids (building blocks of DNA/RNA), I found this very intriguing. The connection with BioGeometry is that BodyTalk can also be used to choose the right BioSignature or other tools for healing. Thus, BodyTalk offers an amazing way to achieve diagnosis and healing.
As a part time healer, I can apply "techniques" such as quantum touch, Reiki, energy healing, qi, etc., but I often found that a key obstacle was in obtaining a true assessment of the cause of the problem. Causes can be emotional, environmental, past lives, childhood traumas and other variables. Thus, how can one truly heal a person without a deep understanding of the underlying cause? BodyTalk provides such a tool. The protocol for BodyTalk delves into the "story" for the problem, reaching into the subconscious cause. The conscious mind can then make the connection and healing can commence using the BodyTalk techniques.
Laura is a superb lecturer, teacher and BodyTalk practitioner. I now understand why she left a blossoming career as a molecular geneticist to pursue an even more fascinating career in BodyTalk. I felt that our FMBR members could benefit from BodyTalk and the best person to tell you about it is Laura.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE
THE FOUNDATION FOR MIND-BEING RESEARCH
About a year ago, FMBR and its founder Bill Gough determined that it would be in the best interest of the organization to broaden its mission to encompass more than the knowledge and growth of the concept of mind-being. The broadened mission for FMBR can be stated as follows:
- Our mission is to expand the context of scientific exploration to include our interconnectedness with each other and the universe.
- Our purpose is to lead people to self-empowerment in order to create positive changes for themselves and the planet.
- Our research programs will explore a more encompassing view of the nature of the universe -- one that includes both the physical and non-physical aspects.
- Our educational programs will share this expanded world view with our membership and the community locally via the institute, and worldwide via the internet.
- We create partnerships that foster innovative solutions for the challenges that are facing our world today.
To reflect this broader mission, the organization has adds three key areas of focus:
- Continue with monthly lectures and workshops to maintain and grow a local community of interested individuals.
- Present courses on the learnings from the past 30 years and on the current state of the science of consciousness, providing evidence of our connectedness and the nature of our being
- Create study and working groups to focus on relevant areas of interest
- Presentation of scientific research at the forefront of consciousness/mind-being and environmental sustainability.
- Foster scientific work on leading edge areas and foster collaborative efforts/joint meetings with key principals in the scientific fields of interest.
- Develop high standards of credibility in all research activities and publications.
- We foster the world view that results from the understanding of our connectedness, that we are One world and One people.
- We are and will be stewards for the sustainability of humanity and the planet.
- We believe in the interconnectedness of life -- our individual and collective actions affect others as well as all of nature and the planet.
As part of its mission and inherent belief in the interconnectedness of all creation, FMBR adheres to the following principles:
- Treat others with Dignity and Decency, regardless of race, gender, or physical appearance.
- Do no harm -- to others, to society, to the earth, and to all the inhabitants of the earth including plants and animals.
- Foster fairness and balance in all aspects of life -- for individuals, for society, for nations, and for economies.
Donations made to the Foundation are tax deductible. The Foundation is incorporated under the laws of the State of California and operates as a non-profit scientific research organization under IRS code 509(a)2 with tax exempt status under section 501(c)3. The organization was founded in 1980 and is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA.
Foundation for Mind-Being Research
P.O. Box 449, Los Altos, Ca 94023-0449