September, 2013 Newsletter
"The strange thing about the paranormal -- or the supernatural, the miraculous, and all other synonyms -- is that no matter how often you prove it, it remains unproven. There have been hundreds of studies on clairvoyance and viewing at a distance, arising from age-old experience. Invariably, as Dean Radin patiently explains in this book, the experiments indicate that the experience of reading someone else's thoughts, seeing a faraway event, or anticipating the future is real. Ever since science demolished faith as a way of knowing reality, facts are supposedly supreme, and when the same fact is repeatedly shown to be true, that is enough to change accepted reality. So why, in this case, have facts proved helpless?" (From the introduction by Deepak Chopra to the book "Supernormal").
The above can also be a teaser - an introduction - to the talk that Dean Radin, PhD will present to FMBR. As the subtitle of the book only hints there are many aspects that can be covered in this presentation. Join FMBR for a very interesting evening with Dr Radin.
Here is the link to the book website where there is more:
Supernormal: Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities.
TIME: Friday, SEPTEMBER 27, 2013 7:30 p.m.
Please Note A DIFFERENT LOCATION:
Sofia University, 1069 East Meadow Circle, Palo Alto
(doors open at 7 p.m.)
(Just next door to where FMBR used to meet.)
"Dean Radin, Ph.D., is senior scientist at IONS and a researcher and author in the field of parapsychology. His professional career has focused on experimentally exploring far reaches of human consciousness, primarily phenomena like intuition, gut feelings and psi phenomena. He is Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, in Petaluma, California, and on the Adjunct Faculty at Sonoma State University. Dean's research has been featured in numerous magazines and he has appeared on several radio and television programs. He is the author of Entangled Minds and The Conscious Universe."
Members get in FREE.
A $15 donation is asked of non-members at the door.
Students with ID, a $5 donation is asked.
FMBR October 18 Meeting
Mike Buchele, MD and Bob Whitehouse, EdD will be the speakers.
In the Saturday morning workshop, Dr. Mike and Dr. Bob will build on the intellectual foundations of the Friday evening talk, by delving further into the insights provided by Arthur's Theory, but they will also lead several group experiential exercises to allow the participants to develop an emotional feeling of how they ARE existing in 4 simultaneous Levels, and that their life is one of Action that manifests via these 7 Toroidal Stages, and this will activate their intuition that this Theory of Process 'feels and rings true.' Arthur's discovery of the dynamics of 'The Cycle of Action' and 'The Cycle of Learning' (two reversible Toroidal cycles) will be demonstrated such that the participants will experience how many energy healing techniques use this process to create healing and reprogram the brain. (Dr. Roger Callahan, the founder of Thought Field Therapy (TFT), attributed this discovery to his understanding of Arthur's work, and he was able to cure lifelong phobias in minutes.)
In the Saturday afternoon workshop, Dr. Bob will show how his grasp of spatial relations, as a carpenter's son, allowed him to appreciate the nature of the toroidal spiral and Young's paradigm, and from this he has been able to link Young's work to the Sacred Geometry of the Phi Ratio. s He then realized the toroidal pattern of our breathing, the 7 layers of the heart, and has subsequently been able to apply these patterns into his Biofeedback and Psychotherapeutic practice, using Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and carbon dioxide (CO2) capnometry monitoring, to adjust breathing rate and depth (and hence blood chemistry), to attain the heart's Resonant Frequency, a field effect conducive to better cognitive, emotional, intuitive, interpersonal, and immune function, leading to healing and peak performance. Several participant volunteers will be attached to HRV and CO2 capnometry monitors, to learn to attain this optimal breathing chemistry to obtain the heart's Resonant Frequency in the middle of what HeartMath™ calls the Coherence State, so that they can attain this state and later reproduce it on their own, or with the use of an affordable HRV device, such as used by HeartMath™ .
After the workshop concludes, Dr. Bob and Dr. Mike invite all participants and their guests to join them at a 'no host' restaurant dinner, for further discussions.
If there is sufficient interest (at least 10 attendees), Dr. Bob and Dr. Mike would like to do a second workshop on Sunday, which would include a new view of the biological sciences, as applied to Young's work by Dr. Frank Barr, in what he calls BioProcess, and how Dr. Barr's work complements that of Dr. Bruce Lipton, to overthrow the DNA Dogma. It also includes a new understanding of the internal dynamics of the functions of the Cell, the 7 Substages seen in the embryological development of the human, and how a neglected molecule, neuromelanin, may be the organizing molecule of the cell, the embryo, and the body, and is behind the 7 Chakra system and the body's BioFields, such as those investigated by Dr. Beverly Rubik and Dr. Claude Swanson. The final half of Sunday would be dedicated to further exploration of Young's work. This might include how he united the Measure formula of Physics, with the 12 Signs of the Zodiac, and the 4 Types of signs (Air, Earth, Fire, Water) with the 4 Levels. Or it could involve further exploration of how Young's Theory shows how human evolution of consciousness has progressed from the first primordial humans, to our current societal Turning Point, and how the evolution of some exceptional humans (such as Jesus, Buddha, etc.) point the way to our potential future evolution, if we can awaken together and make it past the Turning Point.
Please let FMBR know if you would like to participate in this second day workshop. If you couldn't attend the first day, your basic understanding of ToP from our Friday lecture would allow you to understand this Sunday workshop, and we will be including experiential exercises for you to experience your cellular processes, to align your Chakra energy systems, and to experience the evolution of your consciousness.
COST to Attend
Paid FMBR members $50.00.
Non-FMBR Members: $60.00.
FMBR 2 Day Workshop October 19 & 20
Drs. Buchele and Whitehouse will lead a 2 day workshop, ~ Saturday & Sunday,
October 19 & 20, !0 AM to 5 PM (no host dinner to follow)
Each day will be broken into two parts:
- Sat. morning; Overview/Basics of the Theory of Process: The Map and the Compass.
- Sat. afternoon; Toroidal Heart and Breath at the Turn in our Evolution from Light to Enlightenment
- Sun. morning; Biology Decoded: How A Theory of BioProcess (ToBP) Can Make Sense of the Biological Sciences
- Sun. afternoon; What Does All This Have to Do With Me? And How Can A World Lost Without A Purpose, Be Saved?
The TURN and Beyond: A World That Makes Sense and Can Thrive
COST to Attend
Paid FMBR members: $50.00 per single day, $90.00 for weekend;
Non-FMBR Members: $65.00 per single day, or $120.00 for weekend
UPCOMING FRIEND EVENTS
SEPTEMBER 14: 1:30 pm San Jose Dowsers blog, San Jose: (Check later this month.)
SEPTEMBER 19: 7:00 pm Smart Life Forum, Palo Alto: Panel Discussion on Nutrition: Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren, Christine Rosche & Elize St. Charles
SEPTEMBER 24: 7:30 pm South Bay IANDS Saratoga: Alan Hugenot speaks on
"Physics of Consciousness and the Afterlife"
INFORMATION ABOUT THE
THE FOUNDATION FOR MIND-BEING RESEARCH
About a year ago, FMBR and its founder Bill Gough determined that it would be in the best interest of the organization to broaden its mission to encompass more than the knowledge and growth of the concept of mind-being. The broadened mission for FMBR can be stated as follows:
- Our mission is to expand the context of scientific exploration to include our interconnectedness with each other and the universe.
- Our purpose is to lead people to self-empowerment in order to create positive changes for themselves and the planet.
- Our research programs will explore a more encompassing view of the nature of the universe -- one that includes both the physical and non-physical aspects.
- Our educational programs will share this expanded world view with our membership and the community locally via the institute, and worldwide via the internet.
- We create partnerships that foster innovative solutions for the challenges that are facing our world today.
To reflect this broader mission, the organization has adds three key areas of focus:
- Continue with monthly lectures and workshops to maintain and grow a local community of interested individuals.
- Present courses on the learnings from the past 30 years and on the current state of the science of consciousness, providing evidence of our connectedness and the nature of our being
- Create study and working groups to focus on relevant areas of interest
- Presentation of scientific research at the forefront of consciousness/mind-being and environmental sustainability.
- Foster scientific work on leading edge areas and foster collaborative efforts/joint meetings with key principals in the scientific fields of interest.
- Develop high standards of credibility in all research activities and publications.
- We foster the world view that results from the understanding of our connectedness, that we are One world and One people.
- We are and will be stewards for the sustainability of humanity and the planet.
- We believe in the interconnectedness of life -- our individual and collective actions affect others as well as all of nature and the planet.
As part of its mission and inherent belief in the interconnectedness of all creation, FMBR adheres to the following principles:
- Treat others with Dignity and Decency, regardless of race, gender, or physical appearance.
- Do no harm -- to others, to society, to the earth, and to all the inhabitants of the earth including plants and animals.
- Foster fairness and balance in all aspects of life -- for individuals, for society, for nations, and for economies.
Donations made to the Foundation are tax deductible. The Foundation is incorporated under the laws of the State of California and operates as a non-profit scientific research organization under IRS code 509(a)2 with tax exempt status under section 501(c)3. The organization was founded in 1980 and is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA.
Foundation for Mind-Being Research
P.O. Box 449, Los Altos, Ca 94023-0449