Jerry Gin and Judy Kitt
The Foundation for Mind-Being Research (FMBR) was established in 1980 to assist in the creation of integrated models of human consciousness, models that encompass the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of the human experience. The objective was to bring the then-new field of consciousness studies into wider recognition as a bona fide field of science, and to explore whether consciousness arises out of physical matter (i.e., the brain) or whether it is a state of matter unto itself.
As growing numbers of theoretical physicists are concluding that consciousness exists independent of matter, we at FMBR are working to explore the implications of such findings, for individuals and for our society as a whole. We believe that science can be instrumental in helping to change the current dominant worldview from one of separation, scarcity and competition, to one of connectedness, partnership and synergy. We are part of a rapidly expanding movement of pioneers in service to the evolution of human consciousness for the betterment of the individual, society and the planet.
With awareness that we are living in truly transformative times, FMBR is moving to expand its educational component — to teach the implications of our 36 years of explorations and learning for the good of society and the world. FMBR continues to focus its attention, intention and research upon the leading edge of scientific exploration, drawing from pioneering scientific and technological discoveries and from ancient wisdom traditions in order to elucidate a positive way forward for humanity and the Earth.
The new mission for FMBR can be stated as follows:
• Our purpose is to lead people to self-empowerment in order to create positive change for themselves and the planet.
• In our research programs we explore a more encompassing view of the nature of the universe — one that includes both the physical and non-physical aspects.
• In our educational programs we share this expanded world view with our membership and the community: locally, and worldwide via the internet.
• We create partnerships that foster innovative solutions for the challenges that are facing our world today.
As part of its mission and inherent belief in the interconnectedness of all of creation, FMBR strives to adhere to the following principles:
• Do no harm: to others, to society, to the natural world.
• Highlight and champion regenerative and/or sustainable practices.
• Honor perspectives that unify, rather than divide.
• Foster fairness and harmony in all aspects of life–for individuals, societies, nations and economies.